A blog for her friends to check that she's still alive, when she's been missing for a while, and what she's whinging about now.

My Profile.


Monday, February 23, 2004

Meeting Lenny Pt 2

It was quite an amazing experience sitting in Lady Othilia's house with Lenny and Lady Kenco, as well as myself and Lady Othilia. We didn't touch upon the FFC, but I know it was in my mind.

At one point, I was being told off for not replying immediately to e-mails (in my defence, I was in Wales at the time and nowhere near a computer) and that led into a general 'you are always too busy to pay attention to me' (in stereo) rant from both Lady Othilia and Lenny. I felt myself becoming defensive and silent, then remembered that I had my Witchgrove vest-top on underneath my clothes. I'd put it on that morning for that very moment, when I'd feel guilty, defensive and simply wrong. I pictured Jeninia's triple moon and focussed on the Grove, where I feel none of those things. The conversation was interrupted, then resumed. Lenny said, 'Where were we? Oh! Yes! We were attacking Jo!' (She was very drunk by this point. *grin*) With the full weight of Witchgrove-induced confidence, I cut in with, 'Yes! But I still stand by my views on Tabasco Sauce.' (That incident was the final nail in the coffin of the FFC.)

Lady Othilia very quickly steered the conversation onto neutral territory at that point. Afterwards, when it was Lady Othilia and I alone, we sat down with a cuppa and a fag and had a more sensible conversation about it all. I think she understands more about what's going on and that it's my MA at threat from me.

There was another moment mid-way through when Lenny and I were alone. She became quite emotional and repeated back to me the first e-mailed conversation that we ever had. I was her first Pagan contact and now she's a Reiki Master, teaching herblore and aiming at achieving accreditation status for her pupils. She creates amazing crafts and sells them for her living, and, in short, she is an established witch in her own right. She thanked me emotionally for those early steps onto this path and for giving her the push to run with her dreams.

I think the position now is: Lady Othilia is keen for me to complete my MA, but also to stay in touch more. We really need to cant in more private circumstances to see where we are, methinks. Lenny probably won't remember any of last night, on account of having been introduced to Frosty Jack, when I don't think she's even encountered cider before, let alone bloody Frosty Jack! *tries not to smirk* We did tell her that that's her initation over, and she now a fully-fledged repatriated Black Country wench. ;-)
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?