A blog for her friends to check that she's still alive, when she's been missing for a while, and what she's whinging about now.

My Profile.


Thursday, February 26, 2004

Monday

Lenny was over here and I only had five hours flexi leave that I could take; however my boss is brilliant! She said that I could take them whenever, with a moment's notice. Then when I arrived with a cunning plan involving coming in for 2 and a half hours on Tuesday, then going again, she asked me if I thought I could make those hours up before I left work next week. Yes, if I work that bit harder. So she gave me the day off.

Monday, I worked my tits off right up until half 5, then scutted off to Bilston to meet Lady Othilia and Lenny. The former was feeling quite ill, so I took Lenny out alone to the Olde Leathern Bottel, in Wednesbury.



It was fantastic! Just walked in the door and there's Dave Ogden sitting there - the whole reason why Lenny had wanted to try that pub particularly was on the off-chance that Dave would be in there. As for me and him, it was like 2 years hadn't happened, he looked up and said,
"And here's our resident witch; how you doing, Jo?"

Then several hours fled as we played catch-up. Lenny enjoyed herself too, as the Olde Leathern Bottel is famous in Black Country geneaology circles. She was one of the ones having a cyber party (with all of the others in other countries), during the last Black Country meet up.

Lady Othilia was feeling a bit better when she came to pick us up. After a few cuppas and fags, Lenny went off to bed, while LO and I had a chat. We basically sorted out the entire period between the collapse of FCC and now and cemented our friendship again.

We crawled to bed at half 5 in the morning, but all was well with the world.

yours
Mab
xxxxx

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?