A blog for her friends to check that she's still alive, when she's been missing for a while, and what she's whinging about now.

My Profile.


Sunday, March 21, 2004

Spring Equinox in Glastonbury

Cabochon:

**I agree wholeheartedly with Mab...not about not having any news (for
a brief rundown of what happened at the Ostara celebration and Glasto
yesterday - http://cabochon76.blogspot.com) but with Juell being
Great!! :-D**

Great blog. :-D

Saturday was so necessary for me. I'd been going completely stir crazy (as anyone reading my blog could tell) and by the time FT Kate came for me, I was so down. We nipped to Wolverhampton to see the lovely BS Kate, who taught me that hugs don't hurt as much as I thought they would. :-D I also spotted Aud and other Mooters lurking around the table. Then, midway to FT Kate's house, she decided that she wanted to come too.

Me and FT Kate went to bed at half 12, but I couldn't sleep that early. It was eventually 10 past 1 when I last saw the time, and 2am when the alarm clock went off. After getting lost on her estate, we eventually found Juell's house at around quarter to 4, then scutted off to get Cabochon. Despite the earliness, I really enjoyed the journey down to Glastonbury. It was a real novelty not to be driving myself down there, and we didn't have any of those awkward silences. I was really nervous about meeting Juell properly. I know I've spoken to her on-line and seen her at the last 2 Moots, but this was different. Conversations had to be had, and I was in the front because I get car-sick. Juell is lovely though, and put me at ease straight away. I got to the babbling nervous nonsense stage any road up, and she didn't laugh at me, unless she was meant to. :-D

It was quarter past 6am, when we climbed stiffly out of the car and joined the beautiful ceremony in the Chalice Gardens, in Glastonbury. We so made the right decision to go! There were about 90 others there and one woman gave me some sunflower seeds. Her face is so familiar, but I couldn't for the life of me tell you who she was.

It was all over by about half 7, by which time I was in serious pain. I had a rest on some chairs overlooking Glastonbury and the Somerset Levels, and gobbled down some painkillers. As soon as they'd kicked in, I did my first lot of neck exercises. I was in pain, then pain masked, then in pain (and repeat) all day, but determined to keep positive and not go on about it to the others, so that we could all have a good day out.

After hanging around outside the Blue Note, until Kate's pitiful waif routine persuaded the owners to let us in, we breakfasted and went shopping.

I've got books:

'Charge of the Goddess' by Doreen Valiente
'Progressive Witchcraft' by Janet Farrar and Gavin Bone
'Witches, Druids and King Arthur' by Ronald Hutton
'A History of Wolverhampton' by Chris Upton
'The Keys to Avalon' by Steve Blake and Scott Lloyd
'Religion Without Beliefs' by Frederic Lamond
'Wicca Source Book 2nd Edition' by Gerina Dunwich
and
'Pagan Pathways' by Graham Harvey and Charlotte Hardman

Two of which I got before I even left the Black Country.

{{{{{cuddles BS Kate}}}}}}}

I also got two magazines - 'The Hedge Witch' and 'The Cauldron' - the current editions.

I was so proud of Juell. She suffers from vertigo and the staircase to the Goddess Temple isn't very vertigo friendly. But she did it nontheless. :-D

I nipped into the Library of Avalon, which has reputedly the largest collections of esoteric books in the world. No disputing that, but I appear to have more books about Wicca! This is quite reassuring, because now I can stop feeling so regretful that I don't live closer to it.

A few visits to the Blue Note, the George and Pilgrim and the shops later, we made our way back home, singing songs from 'Sound of Music' and others.

Dropped Cabochon off and we made it back to Juell's at around half 7/8ish. A cup of tea later and FT Kate took me back to her house. We ended up staying up well past dawn, putting the world to rights.

I slept until half 2 today (Sunday), but it was well needful, and I'm back home now.


yours
Mab
xxxxx
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?