A blog for her friends to check that she's still alive, when she's been missing for a while, and what she's whinging about now.

My Profile.


Monday, March 15, 2004

Very bored of this neck now

This morning I woke in time for work, on the basis that if I could turn my neck enough to safely drive, then I'd go in. I want to go in.

But instead it hurt just lying down. Sitting up engendered the most encruciating pain known to humanity... well, to my bit of humanity anyway. Still, I forebore the pain-killers so that I could have a damage assessment. I've been reaching for pain-killers as soon as I've been awake until now, and kept them up all day, so this was the first proper reccy I've had.

Ow.

The side that was freed yesterday isn't so free today. But that is nothing compared to turning to face the right... OW OW OW OW OW and ****ing OW! It's a sickening pain as well, so it's not simply a case of grin and bear it. I'm not really a baby when it comes to pain; I have a high pain threshold and I know how to block it with mind over matter... but 'kin Hell! It hurt, and that was only turning it half of the normal neck rotation. I didn't dare go further. I tried to work out if that was enough to see along roads, but it's not quite enough, and would involve me negotiating junctions in a lot of pain. That can't be safe.

Also, leaning my neck back caused a crack that made me nauseaous and didn't seem to free anything. Great.

Turning to the left, which I could do easily enough last night, is now stiff. There's no real pain above the slightest of aches, but there is stiffness.

Leaning down doesn't actually hurt or ache, but causes the weirdest sensation. It's as if there's a string going down my back, and I feel it pull up and down. I know that that can't be happening in reality, so the Lady only knows what I've done to my nerve endings to cause them to send such messages to my brain.

Joy.

yours
Mab
xxxxx
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?