A blog for her friends to check that she's still alive, when she's been missing for a while, and what she's whinging about now.

My Profile.


Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Parties, conferences and panels

I'm also a bit crap at updating this!

Big things in my life this week, other than getting a task scheduler, is that BS Kate and Phoenix had a party on Saturday night. It was hours of fun. :-D It was a lot more sedate... *cough*... than the last one, so we ended up sitting around the lounge sipping wine (or cider, or beer, or bacardi (Aud), or alcopops (Cab)) having intellectual conversations. We covered vegetarianism, the Gods, Thor in particular, though I think Wotan was mentioned a couple of times, and various other things. I finally fell asleep around half four, on the futon, then was woken up again at around 5 to go to bed. I ended up sleeping in between Cabochon and Nick, which was lovely. :-D

Sunday was tense... Wolves were playing an important game. We needed to win, but we drew; I'm happy that my babbies put their all into the game, especially during the last 20 mins. It ended up 2-2 against Blues, and I spent the entire 90 minutes cleaning Kate's kitchen (it didn't warrant that, I just wiped the same things over and over again), listening to the match on the radio via earphones. I found out later that they in the lounge were all being entertained watching The Passion of the Mab.

Last night (Tuesday), I met up with Kate and Jamie in the Giffard. That was a surreal moment. I was in a suit, because of the workshop at work (where I ended up being Chair and having to present our discussion in front of 36 VIPS! :-0), in the Giffard, reading some literature about Christ until Kate turned up. Afterwards, Jamie and I toddled off to the Lighthouse to the discussion on The Passion of the Christ. That was well interesting, because quite a few people turned up and there was a massive range of views aired.

Afterwards, I canted with one of the Christian academics, but he wasn't able to answer my question on why did God do that? I left my e-mail address with the owner of the Lighthouse in case any panel ever need a Pagan on it. I figured I could just ensure that Andy and Karen turned up instead of me. *giggle*

Jamie and I then turned up at Kate and Phoenix's house, so I could pick up the 'Charmed' video. That was brilliant, because their house has such a nice atmosphere, and Jamie, Kate and Phoenix are all great people. We only popped there and didn't leave until 11!

And that's it.

This week, my major task is to try and be at work for an entire working week, as I haven't managed that since I started this job.

yours
Mab
xxxxx
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?