A blog for her friends to check that she's still alive, when she's been missing for a while, and what she's whinging about now.

My Profile.


Wednesday, May 26, 2004

I suffer the dreams of a world gone mad
I like it like that and I know it
I know it well, ugly and sweet
I temper madness with an even streak

What a brilliant day!

I was dubious, I admit it, when I woke up after way too little sleep, but it was a great day. The main event was also the most insignificant one: THE GLASTONBURY PEOPLE ARE REFUNDING THE MONEY! I hadn't realized quite how much that had got me down, until last night when Kate took it off me.

A moment here just to talk about Kate - Fair Trade Kate, as she's known on the Grove - because I don't mention her enough. Generally when you say that someone's saved your life, you don't usually mean it. You mean that they've just made you a particularly welcome cup of tea. I mean it literally with Kate - physically, mentally, politically, spiritually.

Last night, I feel like she reached down and gave me a hand up to the levels of ordinary folk, I was so far down. I didn't notice how stressed I was, until she had the details of the Glastonbury situation off me and said that she'd deal. I was there until gone 11, ostentaciously to pick up some art for Phoenix, but also to get a car tape done. That was hilarious. It took us about five hours to fill a 60 minutes tape, with much laughter and silliness in between.

Two other momentous occasions, I met Nick for the first time since the Vicarage. It was ok - ten years have passed and a lot of life with it. Despite Kate's nerves and Nick's terror, it turned out very easy and, as I said, much laughter and silliness. I'm glad that was over with, because I know Kate's been fretting on it. The other was that I sat at Kate's computer and read a bit of 'Priestess' to her. Twice in one night transported to that time, but how changed are we? It was ok. More than ok, it was fun.

I returned home to find a lot of discussion going on about WG. We're into improvement mode now, but Cerr has already warned me that I'm strictly the web-site Mod. I'm doing as I'm told for once in my life. LOL I give myself two days. Any advance?

I feel into bed around 3am and was back up again at 7. It's overcast and rain is threatened out there all day, but I remembered my car-tape. It's a great tape. Hark this:

Side One:

1, 'Leave' by REM
2, 'Astronomy Domine' by Syd Barrett
3, 'White Rabbit' by Jefferson Airplane
4, 'In the Year 2525'
5, 'Ignoreland' by REM
6, 'Great Leap Forward' by Billy Bragg
7, 'A Girl Called Johnny' by the Waterboys

Side Two:

1, 'Country Feedback' by REM
2, 'Karma Police' by Radiohead
3, 'In my Place' by Coldplay
4, 'Sometimes I See the Point' by Billy Bragg
5, 'Memories of a Free Festival' by David Bowie
6, 'San Franscisco in the '60s' dialogue from 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas'

Jealous?

That got me to work and work just went whooooooooosh and was over. There was definitely a meeting about Disability in the middle, followed by lunch (I had leek and potato pie) on the house, but it feels like I blinked and my work day was over. It's so busy there that it's no wonder I'm knackered by the time I'm home, but I'm still enjoying it.

I came out of the meeting to two messages: the Glastonbury people to say that the money was returned to my account yesterday; and the tarot party people to see if I could go up tomorrow to do their cards.

*waves to everyone in MT* They've found my blog... *blush*

I can't look at Witchgrove tonight without grinning. It looks like EVERYONE has been on tonight, chatting on a variety of subjects. LAURIE CAME BACK! FELL TO EARTH TURNED UP! POPI'S BEEN ON! Roxanne, Georgia, Anna, Cerr, Bella, Pixie, Osran, Ananta-sesa das, Cabochon, WM Mike, Chelle, Lill, Clive, Genhorrall, Lenny, Jamie, Jen, Carrie, Minerva, Celtic, Phoenix, BS Kate, Froggie and Stayce. It's kicking!

I've got another chapter of 'Priestess' typed up. It's time, just as last night was the intro., tonight is me typing about the Vicarage. 10 years on. I'm quite grateful, in a way, that the writing style is so jarring and downright crap, as it keeps me from dwelling too much on what happened there.

Again, it's got just that right mixture of fact and fiction that it won't tell it as it happened at all. Still, I jumped ten miles when I read/typed 'then the banging began'. In my head, I was back in Julie's room, with it going on outside the door; as I type this, I'm back in the kitchen, with it going on upstairs. I don't want to be back in that kitchen, this time of night, alone, because I don't want to see her face in my head.

'I temper madness with an even streak...
That's what keeps me
That's what keeps me
That's what keeps me down
Believe
And leave it
Leave it all behind...'

yours
Mab
xxxxx
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?