A blog for her friends to check that she's still alive, when she's been missing for a while, and what she's whinging about now.

My Profile.


Monday, May 10, 2004

Money panic attack

This really isn't a problem is it? I've been in shitloads of debt for over a decade now and I'm used to it. But I've worked so bloody hard to get out of debt and now it looks like I'm losing.

It's not that much - I finished last month £700 overdrawn and that was all. No debts in a dozen different places; just one loan which is being paid off. The Glastonbury ticket people owe me £244 because they took the ticket money twice and I've sent them the statement to prove it now. I've done some sums and if that comes back this month, and if I only spend money on fags and petrol between now and payday, then I'll finish this month £242.33 overdrawn. I'll have no savings, because that will be wiped out with road tax, as is due at the end of the month, but even by my maths, that's a lot of money to have paid back in a single month.

The pure maths isn't what's getting to me, it's this feeling. This sitting here doing columns of figures and thinking, 'I'm working bloody hard, why am I always in debt?' It's because in the meantime, I'd rather live, have the memories and the good times, than be lying in my coffin with the epitaph - She Was Really Good With Money, But Didn't Get Out Much.

This WILL be ok. Thank the Goddess for blogs.

yours
Mab
xxxxx
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?