A blog for her friends to check that she's still alive, when she's been missing for a while, and what she's whinging about now.

My Profile.


Tuesday, May 18, 2004

We'll Keep the Red Flag Flying Here

My life has taken off at a speed of knots again, though it feels like it's going relatively slowly because I'm addicted to 'Charmed' and going through cold turkey waiting for a new episode on Thursday.

However, I haven't written anything here since last Thursday, so... what's new here...
*stares at the calendar*

FT Kate and BS Kate did a great double act to ensure I woke up on Thursday morning, without having to knacker my neck up during the night. FT Kate phoned my landline and BS Kate texted my mobile (which was under the pillow). The real beauty was that this meant I was painfree in the morning and nicely rested. :-D Thank you ladies, you are true friends. :-D

Friday, I GOT MY MA ESSAY IN ON FRIDAY! :-D I also nipped into Wolverhampton centre and got a few errands done, before popping in to see Laura and pay her back the tenner I owed her. She invited me back to her house (en route we watched a bloke come off his bike and badly damage his thumb. Patched him up as best we could and off he went), then to watch Nathan (her son) play football. Me and Brendan (her other son) had a bit of a kick around on the touchline and I was surprised to find that I'm fitter than I thought I was. I was breathless by the end, but I wasn't dead! Ran home at half time, did the housework and was just looking at e-mails when FT Kate turned up.

Saturday was FUN! :-D Ft Kate and I went to The Levellers' Day.
We heard Tony Benn speak and Billy Bragg play, which was the main reason for going; but we hadn't realized that everything else would be so amazing too. Stalls were there from AI, Greenpeace, Fair Trade etc., there was a parade (which is always nice), and a lot of other speakers and music as well, including some Morris Dancers. I had a lovely cant with a Welsh nationalist from Cardigan, who nearly fell off his bench when I spoke in Welsh to him, and it turned out I was from Wolverhampton, not West Wales. :-D

The only downside was me getting a bit on the dehydrated side through the sun (but that wasn't a biggie and was soon under control) and the fact that I'd got a parking ticket when I returned to my car.

I hearby proclaim that we have to go back again next year (even though I was sunburned quite badly and had the sun glaring in my eyes most of the day).



Coming home was fun too. My windowscreen looked like a small insect massacre ground, so we pulled into a garage to jet-wash it. The force of the water was so unexpected, that I took several steps backwards before I could control the hose! LOL

Kate went home that night and I was in bed by half 10, which is unheard of for me.

Sunday: I was on the computer for most of the day, making a rare visit to Kindly Ones and typing up a couple more chapters of 'Priestess'. The second of these totally did my head in, because it involved Eric telling me what he thought I was (I'd forgotten, but in typing 'Priestess', I remembered it in real life too)... what did he think I was? Mab, the Fairies' Midwife. This half a decade before I encountered Mab via Clive Barker and named myself for her on the internet.

yours
Mab
xxxxx
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?