A blog for her friends to check that she's still alive, when she's been missing for a while, and what she's whinging about now.

My Profile.


Wednesday, May 12, 2004

A Whiter Shade of Pale

I've just caught sight of myself in the bathroom mirror and I'm pure albaster. I'm generally quite pale to start with, but I'm pure white now. Mmmm...

I had a terrible morning. I didn't hear the alarm because I was lying on my good ear and the second alarm doesn't work. I think that the reason I was lying on my good ear was because I'd obviously taken the decision in my sleep that propping myself in one position using pillows (in order to hear the alarm clock) was way too painful, given the newly mended neck situation. I woke with the entire left side of my body feeling 'dead' - you know like when the circulation is cut off, so you shift it and then the blood rushes back? I had that in my left arm and my left leg, with the most peculiar feeling in my torso!

The upshot was that I overslept by an hour; raced like a mad bint to work and was in the sort of pain I haven't been in since about week two after the accident. As soon as I walked in, the entire of the office beseiged me with 'could you please do this?' and 'can I just tell you this?' No blame to them, because normally that's perfectly fine and acceptable, but I couldn't take any of it in and so I froze completely.

Soon as I had two seconds, I SOS-ed the Grove and then plastered the back of my neck in Movelat Gel. It took some of the pain away, but there was a band just underneath my shoulder blades as wasn't shifting. It was pure, unadulterated agony. In the end, I mentioned it to Caroline, who can't actually see me from her desk. My voice was cracking all over the place and I was trying really bloody hard not to burst into tears. She saw I was in distress and asked if I had any painkillers. I told her about the Movelat Gel and she asked if I had any internal painkillers.

It was THAT simple! But I couldn't think through the pain. I got 800mg of Ifobrufen down my neck and not long on it felt first one, then a second wave of energy from the witchy continguent. That's been continuing in waves all day now. By about 11, I was finally painless and able to calm right down. However, it wasn't until about 1, when all the clicking and clanking and twanging in my neck and shoulders finally stopped.

The painkillers wore off late afternoon, and my right shoulder (muscle-wise) and the right side of my neck started hurting again, though nowhere near as badly. I got another 400mg of Ibobrufen down my neck.

Plan B is naturally getting someone to 'phone me, but my phone is also my alarm clock. I could put it under the pillow on the basis that I'd hear that whichever way I was turned.

I often think it would be so much easier just to go completely deaf and be done.

yours
Mab
xxxxx
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?