A blog for her friends to check that she's still alive, when she's been missing for a while, and what she's whinging about now.

My Profile.


Tuesday, June 08, 2004

For all those who left Kindly Ones today:

... this is what I just posted. I thought you might like to read it too.

Date: Tue Jun 8, 2004 11:46 pm
Subject: The Rules of Engagement

I'll be honest, I haven't been following the thread.

I haven't been following many threads on here, not because my passion for fighting all the world's evils and saving what's left has abated, but because I simply ran out of time to tell you all about it. Too many fingers in pies and all that.

Shit list-owner? On here possibly, but it was left in good hands and I've responded to every SOS; but I don't think that that gives anyone the right to e-mail abuse to me off list. I received one earlier which requested that I 'fuck off and die'. I'm assuming that it was a request to me, because it was e-mailed to the Kindly Ones Owner. That would be me and Melissa, with Ian and Kristine also receiving it as Mods. I figured it was time to poke my head in here to see what's going down. The irony is that I don't think that that message was meant for myself, Melissa, Ian OR Kristine, but that's what happens when tempers get riled.

My temper would probably have got riled as well, because I've had the day from Hell. However, this follows a couple of days from Hell, so instead I sat here and cried.

Something that's easy to forget - at the other end of e-mails are human beings. Human beings with lives just like everyone else's, which, most of the time, we can't glimpse except for the snippets as they choose to show us. There are 42 Kindly Ones left, and I'm 100% sure that we are all human beings (except possibly for the wolf), sentient human beings with feelings and things going down which aren't blatantly obvious.

Kindly Ones isn't about pretty flowers and fluffy clouds. We're not big on group hugs here. The very nature of the group means that we're going to argue incessantly ABOUT POLITICS AND THE STATE OF THE WORLD! Not about each other's supposed personalities, personal thoughts and decency as a human being.

There are two rules here:

1, No personal insults on list-members

2, No getting offended if someone slags off your country. You are not your country, therefore slagging off your country or your political leaders is not the same as slagging off you.

I'm assuming that the breaking of one or both of these rules has led to all the shit. If not, then I'll play catch up tomorrow and kick ass then.

And for the record, Ronald Reagan has never been a member of Kindly Ones, but he has been a world leader and therefore he's fair game, especially after the nuking Europe comment.

yours
Mab
xxxxx

*******************************************************************

'The powerful play goes on
And you may contribute a verse.'
Walt Whitman

My homepage: http://mysite.freeserve.com/mab_of_dream/index.html
Witchgrove: http://mysite.freeserve.com/thewitchgrove/index.html
Pagan Headstone Campaign: http://www.paganveterans.org

*******************************************************************
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?