A blog for her friends to check that she's still alive, when she's been missing for a while, and what she's whinging about now.

My Profile.


Monday, June 07, 2004

I've been eaten alive!

You should see the state of me! My arms, neck, waistline, fingers, and especially my back, are covered in midge-bites. When I say covered, I mean covered. Mum got some eczema cream out for me and did my back, she reckons there's thirty big ones and she's not counting the little ones.

I'm itching like fuck.

So what went wrong:

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/usfeatures/midges/

* Midges become a problem in June to August

Check! It's June

* They like the cool, indirect light of dawn and dusk

Check! It was dawn

* They like damp conditions

Check! I was sitting next to a pond for some of it and walking through dewy ferns for other parts of it

* They like still air

Check! It wasn't windy by any stretch of the imagination

* They are fond of woodland and forest areas

Check! I was walking around Stanney Woods

Mmmmmmmmmmm.

But on the other hand, I've found my Annwn! Stanney Woods at night, into the dawn. WOW WOW WOW!

We were there for 6-7 hours, most of the night, and didn't emerge until about 8 in the morning. For most of that, I was with FT Kate, Richard and Kara, but Eric was in the woods too. It was dark in there, but the night vision proved very effective and I usually could see what was happening.

About halfway through, I decided to go and meditate, so went for a wander. That was amazing. Just me, the darkness of the woods, the sounds of the woods (the sound of something sounding suspiciously like Eric at one point), just sitting there letting it happen to me. It seemed like only a few minutes when I heard Kate shouting for me and I called back, but it was probably an hour or so.

I love woods.

:-D

yours
Mab
xxxxx

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?