A blog for her friends to check that she's still alive, when she's been missing for a while, and what she's whinging about now.

My Profile.


Saturday, June 19, 2004

Later...

Her horror came not from fear, but from the awareness she suddenly felt from the image of an appalling, endless loneliness. Great power was held only in great isolation. Looking at the Greenwitch, she felt a terrible awe, and a kind of pity as well.

But the awe, from her amazement at so inconceivable a force, was stronger than anything else.

'Greenwitch' pg 383


I'm reading Susan Cooper's 'The Dark is Rising Sequence' at the moment. It's five books bound into one and they have been amazing. That, coupled with typing 'Priestess', and KO and WG, more or less constitute my influences at the moment, and so have got me thinking about power.

How could anyone court it? I'm talking about power over other people now, rather than that over yourself, which is a whole different kettle of fish. I've had taste enough in the past few months, what with one thing and another, to want to run away and hide for the rest of my life! All of my instincts are saying that right now - leave all of the groups, don't go to the Moot, hide, run away, run away...

But then again, tremendous highs and tremendous lows, isn't that what I told FT Kate at the beginning of the year. Did I bless or curse us?

But then, I think it shows. Two hours after Kully looked at me and said, 'You look a lot better than you have, the light's come back on in your eyes', I went round Laura's, and she looked at me long and hard and said, 'Ok, what's going on in your head?' (or words to that effect) And when I said I was fine, she pressed me and still didn't look convinced when she finally gave up. In a way, they are both right. Laura reckons that even though I'm there, there's a look in my eyes that's not. I'm really fine and I'm really haunted.

I'd better finish typing 'Priestess'.

yours
Mab
xxxxx

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?