A blog for her friends to check that she's still alive, when she's been missing for a while, and what she's whinging about now.

My Profile.


Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Re-acquainting myself with the old gaff

Things float up and down in my priorities, but right now Kindly Ones has moved to the top. This used to be my playground, but then circumstances (Cabochon leaving and Cerr asking me to replace him as mod of Witchgrove; followed by the creation of the Witchgrove website) meant that Witchgrove became my priority.

I've just spent half an hour going through the management end of KO, seeing who's there, who's been there, who's left, who's bouncing. Overnight, there were three new members, all Witchgrove members too, while others left. By the look on it, four people left in all, but five people joined, over the past three days, presumably as a result of the debate on there spilling onto WG.

Now that I'm a little more up-to-date, I then had a look at the messages. There is no way I'd ever be up-to-date there, but some cachi had taken advantage of the sudden lack of Mods to post a virus to list around midnight last night. Fortunately, one of the members gave the head's up to the others, so hopefully no-one clicked it during the 12 hours it sat there. I've deleted it and banned the member.

My next step, I think, is to work out if the other three Mods are active there. The other list owner posted on Friday, but hasn't been seen since; one Mod is MIA; while the other is away with the army. Once I've tracked them all down, then it's meeting time to respond to member concerns and see what their feelings are about the group. If anyone no longer wants to be a mod, then I'll see about replacing them.

At the moment, it seems that the future holds more of my presense on KO than on WG, which couldn't have come at a worse time for Cerr, but she has another three active Mods on WG to help her out now. Still it might require a reshuffle and therefore a WG Mod meeting too.

We'll see. What I really need to do is to make a list of all the pies that my fingers are dangling in and work out what's important, then concentrate on the rest.

yours
Mab
xxxxx
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?