A blog for her friends to check that she's still alive, when she's been missing for a while, and what she's whinging about now.

My Profile.


Saturday, July 03, 2004

Glastonbury - Thursday

I woke early-ish on Thursday and meandered down to the tap for a wash and to do my teeth, then over the old railway track to buy a cup of tea. I sat in the lounge part of the tent writing down what I'd come up with about the Mysteries.

This was a cross between remembering something which, I think, Minerva Ravenwing said a while ago about there being no books about Wicca above the beginners/introductory level. I was vaguely thinking about a philosophy/theology type book by then, Wiccan Thought. That would centre on the Mysteries.

I wrote a whole paragraph before Bob poked his head in the tent, then I abandoned it completely. LOL Here's what I'd written:



Hardly going to change the world, is it? LOL

A note about the tent. It's Kate's new mansion of a tent and was absolutely perfect, particularly on the rainy days at Glastonbury. Kate and I have a bedroom each, which is very sizeable, then, between them, is an area where about six people can comfortably sit on their camping chairs. It was really nice to have folk there like that.

Bob sat making coffee on his hex stove, which smelt beautiful. However, he had neither sugar nor milk (not using either himself), so when it came time for me to have a sample, it was a bit bitter. Afterwards, some sugar did turn up and I made sure I'd bought some milk, so it was gorgeous and very welcome thereafter. The smell of coffee certainly got Kate out of her sleeping bag.

I sat there trying to work out how to use the digital camera/camcorder that my brother had bought my parents, and finally got there. Unfortunately, I can't get the pictures from there onto the computer. :-(

It was Loz's birthday! He's only 23, bless him. As a big group of us, we meandered into the main market place for breakfast - Chris, Harry, Joseph, Ian, Bob, me, Kate, Andy, Ellie and Loz. I had pesto pasta with garlic bread, which was gorgeous.

Thursday was mainly wandering and shopping. Bob bought an orange sarong; I got a green hair-wrap. The sun came out and it was a scorcher! I was stripped down to bikini top and short skirt and was still too hot, though I learned from last year and was plastered in factor 30 suncream.

That was the day we discovered Cafe. It was a cafe called Cafe, in the Green World field, run by a bloke who never seemed to sleep or leave his cafe, named Paul. That became our cafe of the Festival, which we all knew and therefore could meet up in easily. Loz and Kate found it. The rest of us were in Lost Vagueness just looking around and chilling, when we phoned them to see where they were. Kate ran outside to find the name of the cafe and the sign just read 'cafe'. We found it amusing enough to make it ours.

Ian and I discovered the counch shell swing thing and lay in there for ages. I loved it! It was so comfortable and I just got a huge sense of all the world is wonderful and I'm a part it it.

yours
Mab
xxxxx

PS I'm off up Kate's now, so I won't be back until tomorrow.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?