A blog for her friends to check that she's still alive, when she's been missing for a while, and what she's whinging about now.

My Profile.


Saturday, July 03, 2004

I'm not very good at this...

... writing up what happened at Glastonbury malarkey, am I? LOL

I'm still half there though, it has to be said.

I've got my e-mails answered, except for a couple which need more thought than my sleepy mind can muster right now - I'm abed in a minute.



A Norse God named Tyr keeps cropping up. I'm not sure if it's one of those where I've noticed him once and so keep on noticing him, but it does seem a little uncanny. I opened a book on Celtic history and came across Tyr! Ok, he was only mentioned in comparison with Nuada, but he was still there. Also, Anna told me that I should find his rune. As an experiment, I put my hand into the bag of runes (I couldn't see them, only feel them), rummaged around and pulled one out. It was Tyr's rune. Time to give up and call it Fated then.

I've just found this Coming to Terms with Tyr. Which was interesting, because simultaneously, I was listening to New Model Army's 'Fate' (it was on the album I had on).



It's difficult not to look for omens, when things are coming this thick, fast and precisely, when it's obviously better to just wait and see what falls out of the mix.

I wonder when Fenris will turn up. Unless Fenris was those bags and boxes which has knackered the right side of my neck and shoulder. I was joking on Tuesday that I'll end up with a muscular left arm and my right arm all withered with disuse, as it's still pretty painful.

I'm uncomfortable with the fact that the last two deities to really impact on my life have both been Norse ones. While I have every respect for them, just as I have all deities, they aren't my Gods and therefore are an unknown quantity. It's like being forced to learn another language, when that which you speak is everything you already need. I'm not unduly worried by it though. In some ways, it's fun as a detective adventure; in other ways, it's knowledge and that could possibly lead to wisdom.

For now, I'm taking the advice of those for whom Tyr is a known deity; I've got the rune in my bra and I'll ride it out to see where it goes. I've got various folk e-mailing on Witchgrove or off-list, with messages or advice, so it seems that it's not just me who's getting told things.

yours
Mab
xxxxx




Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?