A blog for her friends to check that she's still alive, when she's been missing for a while, and what she's whinging about now.

My Profile.


Tuesday, July 27, 2004

"It's the knowing with a wink
That we expect in Southern women
It's the wolf that knows
Which root to dig to save itself..."

Georgia will be in Wolverhampton in three days time.   I'm so excited and so nervous at the same time.   I've had 'Country Feedback' on repeat in the car, when I'm not listening to Radio 4.  It's the live version, which starts with the lines from above.  I think that's how I actually see me and Georgia... yes, I know that Michael Stipe is actually singing about sexual knowing with a wink, but there have been plenty of times when Georgia's done the e-mailed equivalent of a wink to let me know that everything's alright and to stop panicking now.  She gets overviews and other people's moods a lot more clearly than I do.   I just do my own head in, then get to be the Wulfrunian who knows which root to dig to save myself... from myself...

I just hope she likes me.   We've been close friends for a good couple of years... more... I don't know, time goes so fast these days.    I keep having internal conversations with myself, nagging myself, in statements which begin when Georgia's here.... and finish with a list as long as your arm.   Over-riding it all is this calm, little voice saying, 'Just be yourself.'    Be myself!  Are you mad, internal voice?  :-o   I'm shitting myself here!   I keep having visions of BS Kate, Laura or Jamie or someone waylaying me in Kate's kitchen with a 'Ok, just calm down now, because Georgia's going to be thinking you're a bloody idiot!'    Or me forgetting how to speak in that slow accent (which sounds so patronizing to my ears) just so I can be understood and having to have the others permenantly translating for me.

Mind you, I went through this before meeting every single solitary Grove member that I've met in real life and I think those meetings all turned out ok.  At least I didn't dribble and they are all still talking to me.

And above all this is GEORGIA!!  It's not like she isn't highly experienced in calming me down and making me see sense.  She's been doing it on-line for bloody years!   I'm just going to have to practice being myself... I'll have to ask the Wulfrun Grovers what myself acts like first... then act like it.

Got it.

yours
Mab
xxxxx

 


Comments:
*hugs*

Don't be silly woman!

Anyway, I need you to stop ME acting like an idiot!

Love you lots xxx
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?