A blog for her friends to check that she's still alive, when she's been missing for a while, and what she's whinging about now.

My Profile.


Friday, July 23, 2004

Panic Attacks and Dreams

Hi all,

I had the most vivid dream last night. I woke up and promptly went back to sleep, returning to the dream and making myself late for work.

In context, last night I had a massive panic attack. It was one of those which takes in everything in pure fight or flight mentality, which you can only rationalize afterwards. I did get myself out of it, then I went to bed and called Cerr. I GOT TO HEAR WILLIAM! *happy dances* He was making newborn baby noises as his multi-tasking Mama fed him and talked to me on the 'phone at the same time. After that, I just fell to sleep.

So, the dream. In the dream, I was having a panic attack again and I was standing in a kind of void. I heard a voice saying, 'Come with me, we have to show you something'. I I don't know who either the hand which held mine belonged to nor whose voice it was, but I do know that they were Grovers, in the way that you know in dreams. We passed through a weirdness in reality - let's call it the Veil, though Syd Barrett might have experienced something similiar a couple of times - then I was standing in a full technicolour world and Pixie was there. She smiled at me, then at the person next to me and said, 'It's ok, we've got it from here.' She hugged me, then took my arm and pointed to the person with her. 'Here's Osran.'

After that, it was largely Pixie guiding me physically through, while Osran did much of the talking and leading. First thing Osran said was, 'We're going to show you this if it's the last thing we do.' I don't know what the 'this' was, because there were loads of things thereon. I know the dream analysts are going to scream emotions at me. The main emotion was 'KIN HELL THIS IS PIXIE AND OSRAN! The kind of emotions you feel when you meet celebrity legends. Underneath that, it was desolation which nipped over into panic attack every so often.

It's hard to describe where they took me. It wasn't a website land, it wasn't the Matrix, but neither was it a landscape of this world. There was one bit where I looked down and I was in my robes, which I only wear for ceremonies involving muggles. They were all stained and torn. I panicked and Osran said, 'You know, we're going to fix that.' Next thing I know, my robes had morphed into my black jeans and black jumper. I turned around in blind panic and there was a woman with a sewing machine fixing my robes. It seemed that as her needle touched the fabric, a whole area just magically cleaned and fixed with no visible sign that it had ever been torn. I don't know who she was, I just know she was Witchgrove. (Curly, shoulder length brown hair. I'd have recognized Lenny, Teri and Minerva. Was that you Andrea or Lill?) She didn't say a word, just waved me on.

Joe Strummer's Memorial StoneNext there was a stone in the ground - like the Joe Strummer stone at the Glastonbury Festival - but I knew that this one was Kathy's. I really panicked. I told Osran that I feel like Billy Bragg to Kathy's Joe Strummer and there's no way I can carry that legacy. Osran said that I was doing it before and during and she has no doubt that I'll do it in the future. I looked up and there was a mirror. The words, 'This too shall pass', came up in Biblical fiery words and I could hear laughter and a bit of a party going on, but all I could see through the mirror were loads of the monoliths - not gravestones in the modern sense, but single standing stones - with the sound of happy people chatting going on over the top. I looked to Osran for the answers and she just said, 'You'll have a stone of your own one day.' My clothes had turned into hippy clothes by now, which shocked me, because I thought I'd still be in the black.

Then Osran led us past the mirror (not through it) to a huge horizon, which looked like a landscape made of a web-page. The background was a nice gray colour - the sort that hints at silver rather than being... well... gray. Over the top the writing was in a very pale pink, which made it hard to read. I told Pixie that the programmer needed to put < b > before the writing, so folk could read it. Pixie said, 'I'll tell Chandan Lohia'. I asked what we were looking at and Osran told me it was India. I went in blind panic. I was panicking because Chandan Lohia couldn't get his words read and I was responsible. When I say panic, I mean panic. I was in bits and only still standing because Pixie was holding me up. Osran was telling me over and over again that it was ok, then Chandan Lohia himself turned up. He told me that this part of the Grove was his responsibility and he will get it looking amazing. I looked up and the pink words were now bold and they could be read.

I could see a white dog running along the sides and I thought it was Matilda, but when she reached us, she looked more wolf-like. Osran said, 'We're working on getting the Wolves promoted again this season, but that's Dave Jones's problem, not yours.'

That's when Mum woke me up with a 'JOANNE! YOU'RE LATE FOR WORK!'

So... I get the general sense of what this is all about, but the specifics?

yours
Mab
xxxxx

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?