A blog for her friends to check that she's still alive, when she's been missing for a while, and what she's whinging about now.

My Profile.


Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Finding Space

I've tried thinking of all the things I'm involved in and working out the pros and cons of staying with them. I was ending up in mental cul-de-sacs and had got to the 'who shall I ask to do this objectively with me?' Anna is the obvious, as she understands all of the reasons why something could be on the list, but is also ruthless enough to say 'get the **** out of there now'. Plus, she's offered.


Thing is, I can see that being an on-going situation. Anna has to offer every 3 months or so, to get me out of the ruts I've dug myself into in the meantime.


So, I've thought through a different angle - list the things I want to be involved in, as in involvement is still enjoyable and I look forward to it, or else it salves something of my soul. It's a surprisingly short list:


MA - neither of the above criteria, but I've got this far and it is something my Mum can get her head around to be proud;


Witchgrove and Kindly Ones - all the above criteria, even more so if I've made myself time to be on both simultaneously;


Genealogy - one of the first casualties of my getting involved in too much, and I bloody miss it. The reason it got dropped is that it's only really me benefitting from it, apart from the odd one or two strangers asking for look ups. It's easier to drop something which only delights yourself, than those things which are important to others. You know, even the thought that I could eventually pick it up again has just put a huge smile on my face... I didn't even realize...


The End.


If I enrol in October and also register my dissertation, I could then follow Draig and Lill's lead by doing a 'Year of...' in this case being a year of research. By October, I'd then have my MA completed and hopefully successfully so. That would leave only the latter two and, in theory, lots of space to be me.


This is going to cause a lot of ruptions, isn't it? But I suppose that those who don't understand were never worth the time and effort in the first place, just as FtE said. Does this count as the destruction that Roxanne and I saw in my cards? I guess we'll find out. I'll wait until after Shambala before I start e-mailing folk.


yours
Mab
xxxxx
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?