A blog for her friends to check that she's still alive, when she's been missing for a while, and what she's whinging about now.

My Profile.


Saturday, September 11, 2004

It's a beautiful world...

I've had my head stuck in Connie Willis's 'Passage' for nearly two days. It's gone with me to the loo; I've read it walking down corridors at work; I sat in the car reading it earlier while Mum was in Homebase. Mum walked by my room this morning and said, 'That's got to be a good book if it's got you off the computer.' LOL

It is a good book. Pixie was right in the fact that I should read it.

I've got loads of new clothes! Me! And none of them used to belong to FT Kate, as 90% of my clothes tend to be. I was saying as I need some more work-clothes and Mum talked me into going up New Life. New Life is sound, because the clothes are cheap (end of the range), and everything they sell is to raise money to help babies with birth defects. Mum says they raise over a million pounds per year. There's sod all wrong with the clothes, it's just that they are out of fashion by about six months. I'm generally out of fashion by about ten years, so that's me practically bang up to date.

In the other news, the four biggest coffee companies are making Fair Trade type noises. I texted FT Kate (she's stuck at a wedding where she's accidentally got to be bridesmaid and hating every second) who was well chuffed.

Here's the blarb on it. I'm impressed, but still very cynical, if that's possible. I want to know the real front line consequences and how much of this is lip-service before I start cartwheeling down the aisles. It seems too little, too late and the threat of rising prices will panic the apathetic I'm-Ok-Jacks. Still, credit where credit's due. I'll be watching with a hopeful look on my face and trying not to think cynical thoughts. ("Because cynicism's such a cop-out, I know..." Billy Bragg)

Now I'm off to look at the 'Priestess' group. *happy shiver* I can't believe just how many amazing people there are in this world, and there's a dozen of them in there.

yours
Mab
xxxxx
Comments:
Oh sure!! Read her book and not mine. *pout* I'll just take this thermos, and ashtray, and..... *snort*
 
Your book WAS next. Anything with a note attached saying, 'The character in here has always reminded me of you', is bound to catch my attention! Narcissistic, I know...

But I flicked through Pixie's book to see what she'd sent me and got drawn into it.

Love you and leave my bloody ashtray alone!

yours
mab
xxxxx
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?