A blog for her friends to check that she's still alive, when she's been missing for a while, and what she's whinging about now.

My Profile.


Monday, September 27, 2004

Poem 26.9.04 (early hours)

I see the doors in the walls
Between you and me -
I watch them open
Though they should be
Under lock and key.
I see Titania lying
on a bed of leaves and fern;
The light and shade lies in her eyes
And I'm willing to return.
I step in place and bow my head,
with a maverick smile,
As as I take the milestone back
You sense there's been beguile;
But I will walk with you apace
And go the extra mile.
Thus I wear your mark upon my heart
And the blank rune has been drawn;
I step apart and made room
For a makeshift path beneath the moon
Until the piper sounds the dawn.

(Yes, I was still not entirely sober when I wrote that at stupid o'clock on Sunday morning...)

But later on, I started putting pen to paper again. I was in a story writing mood, but I didn't get very far, because 'Six Feet Under' came on:

It was slightly disconcerting that Mal was looking at a blue, elephant-headed man, when all he could see was an empty field, but Jarod tried not to let it worry him.

"I think it's one of those door of perception things, man," he decided, "just go with it."

No answer.

Jarod turned to find himself alone. He turned more fully, eyes scanning the hedgerow through which they'd just passed.
"Mal?"

Nothing.

"Ok." Jarod surveyed the field and considered his options. The important thing, he felt, was not to panic. Think nice thoughts and ride the weirdness until he arrived back at some sane place. "I'll go ask Alice, I think she'll know..." He told himself and set off over the field.

"Do you know what's going on?"

Jarod's heart skipped a beat and he glanced down to the source of the voice. He followed that with a long, stunned staring. He appeared to be accompanied now by Yoda.
"I... bah... wooooooaa..." He babbled in response.

(That's as far as I got with that one.)

yours
Mab
xxxxx
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?