A blog for her friends to check that she's still alive, when she's been missing for a while, and what she's whinging about now.

My Profile.


Monday, January 31, 2005

Lucky Thing

You know thinking on it, I get absolutely spoiled rotten! I've never stopped to think on it all together before, because material things tend to end up at the periphany of my vision. I'll remember forever what's been said or done, and when I think on it, I do remember what was materially given too, but the latter tends to need prompting. I'm not explaining this well at all.

Ok, material things are the least important things in the world to me, compared to friendship; companionship; understanding; taking something off me when I'm overwhelmed; listening when I'm ready to erupt etc. For example, Andrea Wakely allowing me to whinge in her direction last night, safe in the knowledge that I can just vent and that'll be it, that to me is worth trillions of diamonds. I wouldn't know what to do with a diamond anyway. While Anna really has started to develop a sixth sense with me, knowing when to suddenly e-mail me with a description of a brighter day in Portland, just when I'm about to go one of two ways - take it in or spit it out. These things are priceless and fortunately I'm so rich in friends like them.

So back to the material things. I was looking around me the other night, after posting that about the artwork and photography, and realized just how spoiled rotten I am! My entire altar has been made up of things gifted to me, including the altar cloth and altar set. There are statues, pentagrams and all sorts on there. The stang beside it was a present too. Candles; jewellery; a beach-in-a-bag; a lightsabre and a Yoda who speaks to me, in the minutes before Anna sniffs the ether and decides she really ought to go on damage limitation with my fucked up mind, and tells me that I should trust the Force. Even what I'm drinking, the cafe latte has come from Cerr.

I'm literally surrounded by gifts from people, which can come at any time, regardless of birthdays, Christmas or deserving it. I never know when something is going to arrive and when it does, I'm so delighted and touched beyond telling. :-D People really don't have to, but they occasionally do, and I've only just taken stock of all of that. I'm a bit slow, aren't I? And spoiled rotten.

One day... one day... one day... I'll have the lack of debts and money to be able to just surprise folk like that. I can't wait!

yours
Mab
xxxxx
Comments:
You have gifted me with something more special than you realize -- you have shared your friendship with me and that I treasure more that "stuff".

See you in the UK in a few months!
 
And ditto! You are one of the shining people. :-D

I can't wait until you get here!

yours
Mab
xxxxx
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?