A blog for her friends to check that she's still alive, when she's been missing for a while, and what she's whinging about now.

My Profile.


Monday, February 21, 2005

'And what it brings
Is everything...' REM

HELLOOOO!!

I've had a great weekend and it's kind of clicked everything back into a better world now. It started on Friday, when I got in and fixed the fish-pump, then thought I'd better clean their tank out while I was about it. That was about half 5; at half 11 I finally finished cleaning, tidying etc the ENTIRE ROOM! Six hours of it will give you an idea of just what was involved there. When I say that I cleaned, I do mean that I cleaned. There are bits of that room which haven't looked like that since 1995; and bits that have never looked like that.

Saturday daytime, I started doing my dreads while watching 'Queen of the Damned'. The film finished and I was still only partway through doing the dreads, so I watched the film again with the film-makers' commentary switched on. I still hadn't finished after that, but was only about four dreads short. I got them done and started to tidy up the blue room. That's when I fucked my wrist and elbow up on a window. Two and a half hours later, it was still killing me, so Maggie kept reminding me that I'd broken it before and not gone up New Cross... twice... So off I toddled. Of course, it wasn't broken this time, just bruised. It bloody feels bruised right now, I can tell you.

I then started on e-mails. At one time on Saturday/Sunday morning, I had the Witchgrove and Kindly Ones folders both cleared and about 90% of my ordinary inbox sorted. If you'd seen what they all looked like before you'd be applauding by now! I went downstairs for a cup of tea and ended up cleaning my car.

This is me on Sunday:



after cleaning the car. Of course, I needed to sort out the software on my computer before I could upload it. I was working on that ALL of Sunday evening and it's still not sorted. I've had to bring the digital camera to work in order to get them on.

I'm feeling much, much less mithered now. This is what I needed. I made a list of the things I needed to do before I could stop feeling mithered. It's the 'Task List' somewhere -------------------------------------->

Thing is, I've only done a few things off there, which is designed to be done over the next couple or three months (look, I've even prioritized!) and I'm already feeling a lot less mithered. That's well overdue. Looking at the pics of me in my Jedi robes and after I'd stopped bouncing with excitement, I looked a bit more carefully and realized how heavy the bags under my eyes are and how puffy my face has gone. Compare and contrast a pic from last October:



when I actually WAS tired, and even I can see now what I'm doing to myself here.

Operation Chill Out is underway!

yours
Mab
xxxxx
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?