A blog for her friends to check that she's still alive, when she's been missing for a while, and what she's whinging about now.

My Profile.


Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Kicking and squealing Gucci little piggy

I've been told that it takes a little bit of bravery to actually waste paper, food or anything of that ilk with me in the vicinity. I didn't realize I was that 'bad', but apparently I can not say something very loudly. There's fine. We each have our passions and mine are manifold, but right up there in the Top Ten is an intense hatred of apathetic people. The people who retain the child's belief that if you can't see something it's not happening. These are the people who I'd dearly love to grab by the hair and throw their faces into the shit that they are ignoring, but instead I smile sweetly and begin the war of attrition.

Today, something came to a head... well, a mini-head... when I was asked how much I'd pay someone to start recycling paper.

How much I'd pay them to do it...

She changed the subject - you can order tea-bags with the stationery, you know? I replied,
"Is it Fair Trade?"

And she rolled her eyes.

Save or Delete

Film

Fair Trade Federation

Fair Trade

It takes great control to be angry. Right now, I have no control and I'm just getting angrier and angrier. In the last five minutes BOTH the printer and the photocopier have broken. I didn't touch them; I didn't leave my desk. But I smiled.

I haven't the eloquence to even rant now. Just click the links above, while I try to calm down enough to actually do something about it.

Oh and a bit of Radiohead:

"Paranoid Android"

Please could you stop the noise, I'm trying to get some rest
From all the unborn chicken voices in my head
What's that...? (I may be paranoid, but not an android)
What's that...? (I may be paranoid, but not an android)

When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all
What's that...? (I may be paranoid, but no android)
What's that...? (I may be paranoid, but no android)

Ambition makes you look pretty ugly
Kicking and squealing gucci little piggy
You don't remember
You don't remember
Why don't you remember my name?
Off with his head, man
Off with his head, man
Why don't you remember my name?
I guess he does....

Rain down, rain down
Come on rain down on me
From a great height
From a great height... height...
Rain down, rain down
Come on rain down on me
From a great height
From a great height... height...
Rain down, rain down
Come on rain down on me

TThat's it, sir
You're leaving
The crackle of pigskin
The dust and the screaming
The yuppies networking
The panic, the vomit
The panic, the vomit
God loves his children, God loves his children, yeah!







Comments:
I've found an excellent site for recycled paper products including copier paper and so on, but I seem to have misplaced the link. I'll find it later - though you might have it already, it was from a FoE mag. I think the company is actually called the recycled paper company. Prices are really good too. I've tried passing it onto the civil service, but I seem to be fighting a losing battle there. I'll find it out and pass it onto everyone.
Bex
PS - I rant at people too ;-) Still it got people recycling at work and stopped lots of people buying at esso.
 
http://www.recycled-paper.co.uk/

For the people who order stationery...prices are not bad either.

Bex
 
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

xoxo
Anna
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?