A blog for her friends to check that she's still alive, when she's been missing for a while, and what she's whinging about now.

My Profile.


Tuesday, February 15, 2005

'Watch me crawl
Watch me break
Watch me crawl
Watch me throw it all away'
'Headstrong' by Earshot
(from 'QotD' soundtrack)



I'm having a great time at the moment, really getting back into my genealogy. This is something I've been craving for months and when I eventually had the opportunity, I found I wasn't as into it as I'd expected. I just needed to give that time. I'm well there now! I have a list of certificates as I need to send off for, to go on the 'want' list, soon as I have some disposable money again.

I've finished adding the names to my Tribal Pages, which is brilliant! I can work through and see where the gaps are more easily. A couple of them I did have the information, just not in my main folder. I'm looking forward to going through things now and putting it all in one place.




Next day - OH WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW
Ohhh WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW

You won't believe what was waiting for me in a box when I got home from work last night! Unless, of course, the 'you' reading this is Cerr, Anna, Pixie and Dirk, Brianne, Georgia, Andrea, Bella, Roxanne or Heather. JEDI ROBES!! I'd nick the picture off the Twin Roses Designs site, but Andrea would probably brain me, so you'll have to go and look at it there instead: My Jedi Robes modelled by a 6ft bloke with a beard, who looks nothing like me, so you'll need a bit of imagination. The brown ones on the left. :-D

That cheered me right up! I've been inputting at work, so I arrived home braindead through all the concentrating and determined to do some genealogy tonight. I'd skipped into the house the night before full of the joys of Tribal Pages, but then had to stop to send the raffle info to Andrea, then do the weekly discussion for the web-site, then I got caught up in trying to plough through the backlogue of e-mails (on Grove, personal, Kindly Ones etc); and in short, never made it. Tonight, I was determined, but was just waving a lightsabre around basking in the first glow of having robes, when Mum started nagging about fixing the digital camera part of the computer (I deleted the programme in an over-zealous spring clean back in the autumn).

So I sat there for two hours. It still isn't working. Only the fact that I'm a Jedi Knight and have decorum stopped me putting the bloody thing through the window. Checked the Grove and I'D WON A PRIZE!! The raffle has been drawn and I've won four bookmarks from the very talented Phoenyxa. They are beautiful too and one has a picture as she did for Mike. Cheered up enough to think, 'time to do the genealogy, no matter how many e-mails or how fucked the photo programme is.'

That was the right decision. I've skimmed e-mails and know that there are some important ones I should be reading carefully and answering, but sitting doing that genealogy... it's for me, innit? Therefore it was the first thing given up when I started to get busy five years ago. I think I'm that used to knocking myself out working bloody hard for other people or for duty things, that I feel so guilty doing genealogy, because it's only for me. But, 'kin Hell, I'm loving it. I could honestly say I was happy then. Which is a turn up for the books for me.

Sitting there until 2am, in my Jedi robes, hunting through on-line transcripts for clues to my Prangnells... I figured I'd have to go to bed then. *sigh* I'll do e-mails tonight, then have another night doing genealogy.

Went abed and lay there until half 2ish reliving Vegas and other greatness. I've found it again, in my memory, safe and sound.

yours
Mab
xxxxx
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?