A blog for her friends to check that she's still alive, when she's been missing for a while, and what she's whinging about now.

My Profile.


Monday, March 14, 2005

I've had a very productive weekend, though some things weren't precisely as planned! Woke up Saturday morning, in a very quiet house, as my parents have gone on holiday. I'd had me a brew and put the computer on, before I realized that it was only 20 past 8! :-( What happened to sleeping in Saturdays?

So I went through, clearing my inbox and the WG folder, before going up the garage and taking Rebecca to be made less dangerous. A mechanic named Lee (...) drove me back home, so I didn't have to wait around, then Steve brought her back later on. She's now safe to drive, but still needs some work. The important thing is that her squirty-up-the-window thing is now working again. Had me something to eat; watched 'Charmed'; Alan came over for a disc for Aud; then it was time to get onto my dissertation.

That wasn't nearly as bad as I'd anticipated. I'm glad I waited so long before picking it up again, because now I'm actually excited about doing it again. I was at it for 12 hours, using the comments from Caroline, Viv and Mike, and basically tinkering with it. Unfortunately, I also spent those 12 hours feeling very ill. I kept having to run to throw up; or because I thought I needed a shit, but nothing was happening. My stomach was rumbling like an old generator and there was a lot of wind. Caroline, having heard this, is screaming food poisoning.

There's still a fair bit to do on my dissertation. It isn't so much the amendments I was advised to make, but the other tatting I've been doing with it since. I need to do it this week, else my parents will be back and there won't be the hours of uninterupted peace and quiet to do it in.


Sunday morning, for some stupidity I woke up after only 4 hours sleep and felt so rough. I sank a pint of water as well as my brew. Did another 4 hours on the dissertation, but was still throwing up, though not as bad. I had me something to eat and cogitated telling Aud that I was too ill to go out, but after food, I went ok again.

Alan came and picked me up and that was fun in itself. Being driven through those Black Country roads as I could have driven blindfolded, I know so well. But I'm not usually the passenger, so I got to see fields and the such as I didn't even know existed!

We fetched Aud and he dropped us off down the pub. That was great! We were in there for an hour or so, catching up on the gossip and getting drunk. I was quite tipsy by the time we went to her friend's house for the tarot readings. Then I was drinking wine all afternoon. I had a brilliant time, but suddenly started feeling ill and tired again about half 6.

Aud and Alan dropped me off at home and I went to start looking at e-mails, but nearly fell over. I went for a lie-down and fell asleep. Woke up at 20 to 10 and realized I was missing the drama-documentary about Yellowstone Park. I put that on, after nipping out of bed for another pint of water and to switch my computer off, but watched the whole thing (and the documentary on BBC2 afterwards) feeling really ill and half-asleep. The concluding part is tonight. I did get to see a lot of Mount St Helen's and Anna's 'hood though. :-D

I think I was asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow again. Woke up at 25 to 4 feeling like there was someone in my room. I remember murmering, 'I'm ok, Georgia', though I have no idea what made me think that Georgia was in my room. There was a definite sense of someone standing over me and slowly I thought through the implications of that and sat bolt upright. No-one obviously there. Saw the time, noted that I now felt better and thought on getting up and doing more disseration, then went back asleep.

By 7am, when the alarm went off, I was sorted. I've got out of bed feeling very well and very refreshed.

yours
Mab
xxxxx
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?