A blog for her friends to check that she's still alive, when she's been missing for a while, and what she's whinging about now.

My Profile.


Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Paper

What is it with some people's absolute inability to read anything on a computer screen? In the worst extreme, I've had people printing off e-mails, not to file them somewhere as hard copy, but to simply read them in the first place.

Is it a lack of intelligence? Or something physical gone wrong? I know that I can copy-type much easier if the text is to the left hand side and the monitor to the right hand side. For some reason, it's like there's a blockage in the stream of information if I do it the other way round. Is it like that with those who can't read on a screen? I've just researched and written an entire 15,000 word dissertation and managed not to print anything off. If I can manage something as tricky as that without printing, then why can't people manage the smallest amount of reading?

If it's lack of intelligence, then I pity them, but feel that they shouldn't be in the jobs they are. If it's physical, then I want to understand this. If it's pure laziness, then I'm going to curse their arse. If it's ignorance, then I'll educate them.

Right now, I just want to stab them.

yours
Mab
xxxxx
Comments:
You're starting to scare me...

First, you tell me that you are going to bury my dead body under a patio that you don't have, now you are talking about stabbing people....

(Do I want to get in a car with this stranger when I fly 1/2 way around the world to her 'hood?)

Oh, yeah, that's right. You're not a stranger and I regularly talk about beating dumbass pet owners senseless....LOL
 
I know how you feel, its been killing me at college, with all the course work, having to print it to hand it then, re-print once amended, the one tutor has listened to me and is letting me send first copy via e-mail as she doesnt like all the printing either. But it does me in.

aud xxx
 
As long as you don't start eyeing the letter opener...or those long pointy desk accessories where you impale messages (on paper)...or the phone cords....then I won't get worried! :D I agree with you, but also know that moderate increments of change over time get better, long lasting results and people will be more apt to listen - consider it a paper-free diet a bit at a time with handy daily paper-saving suggestions if these are your office mates.
 
It did occur to me to come into work early and put the screensaver off here on everyone's machines...

yours
Mab
xxxxx
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?