A blog for her friends to check that she's still alive, when she's been missing for a while, and what she's whinging about now.

My Profile.


Tuesday, May 17, 2005

"So it's not so much look back in anger as look back in a slightly bad mood."


The heading quote doesn't relate to anything. I just heard it in a trailer for 'Coronation Street' and giggled my head off. Ian McKellan is in it. Gandalf canting with Ken Barlow... on-screen druid with off-screen druid. Looks like fun!

Our David and his girlfriend have had a son! Owen Edward Peach Miles, born on May 12th. *happy dance*

I have been such a productive wench this weekend. I figured that I ought to muck out Rebecca and my room just in case Pixie and Dirk come and visit here. That escalated as these things do. I've got my life on an even keel again, except at work, where I'm never going to have all my jobs done by Wednesday afternoon. Oh well, what gets left, gets left.

Major excitement this end though. I've had a bit of a breakthrough with my Prangnells. I've been looking for them in Middlesex, then I was looking on Dennis Prangnall's site and noticed that the Isle of Wight Mark and Louisa have an eldest son of the same name and DOB as my Mark and Louisa. Also he's lost track of the family after a certain time. I looked at the Middlesex Prangnells, and got in touch with a descendent of Robert. She and I were canting all evening, comparing notes. Robert and Mark are same generation, same job etc. Then I looked at my Mark and Louisa's children - the second eldest boy and girl are named for the IOW Mark's parents, though these names are John and Mary, so common enough. However, Dennis thinks the IOW Mark remarried.

What needs to happen next is that I get the 1851 census in Brummagen to see where Mark was born. That's going to be massive. For a start I've got to go to Brummagen Archives and the search could take days. If I'm right though, I've just broken down a massive brickwall in my genealogy AND that branch of my family is back to 1657.

You should see the grin on my face!

I'm feeling generally more settled these days. Really looking forward to Pixie coming. Aud keeps making me go over-excited by sending me e-mails like 'three more sleeps to go'! She's coming with me to pick them up from Heathrow. We're fighting over who gets to be the quiet and shy one; I mentioned this to Pixie, but she also wants to be the quiet and shy one. Looks like it's down to Dirk then. *grin*

yours
Mab
xxxxx
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?