A blog for her friends to check that she's still alive, when she's been missing for a while, and what she's whinging about now.

My Profile.


Sunday, May 08, 2005

State of Grace

I've just been to Mass. This time I managed not to disgrace myself by adding the extra line onto the Lord's Prayer. I was however shocked to find a prayer starting, 'blessed be...', in the service... It went beautifully and the children all looked so sweet. I ended up with tears in my eyes and I can only imagine what Bella would have been like. Father Pat was wonderful with them, tailoring the entire Mass to an eight year old level of understanding.

After his first Eucharist, while everyone else was receiving their's, my nephew sat next to me. I looked for the state of grace and asked, 'How do you feel?' He grimaced (which I wasn't expecting) and said, 'I really need a wee!' So I sent him quickly to the loo...

Bit that I can't stop tittering about though. After the Holy Communion, all of the children sat around a table to eat their breakfast, with us family members hovering around giving them their cards and presents. Mum had bought this wind up (well I thought it was a butterfly...) dove to put in my nephew's card, so when he opened it, it would fly out with a whammy. Anyway, I'm in position to take a photo of this happening, when the head-teacher announced that Father Pat needed to rush up to St Mary's to hold the usual Sunday Mass, but he was going to say grace first. Then he stood behind our Jordan.

Thing is that Jordan was halfway through opening Mum's card at the time. While we watched on horrified, he carried on opening it and there we (Mum, Nan, Grandma and Auntie) are with visions of this paper butterfly/dove hitting Father Pat in the face at great force halfway through grace. I'm desperately trying to signal him to stop, but we were saved by a Hail Mary. Jordan stops to repeat it and cross himself, Father Pat steps away, Jordan opens the card and the thing whizzs up straight through the air vacated seconds before by the Father and off across the hall. I can't stop laughing.

For my next trick, as Jordan's Godmother (stop sniggering), I'll teach him to do nothing during grace but concentrate on the grace.

Kids!



I have got a gorgeous photo of him though. He's there with his brand new rosary beads counting his Hail Mary. It was supposed to be a video, but when I finished waiting for him staring off into the distance and said, 'You know I'm recording this, don't you? Start whenever, cariad...' He reliably informed me that you say that in your head and he was. So I took a photo instead. It's as close to holy as you're going to get with that one. He's not walking ten feet above the ground with a practically visible halo above his head, like his brother was after his confirmation.

yours
Mab
xxxxx
Comments:
That's a great photo, I love the expression you caught.
 
Thank you. I'm very much a point and click kind of photographer, though FT Kate and Branny have both given me a couple of tips on taking photos (none of which I used here). As a result, I'm always ecstatic when I take a half-decent picture, because I know it's mostly fluke.

yours
Mab
xxxxx
 
Oh bless......what a sweet face!
XOXOXO
Shonna
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?